At Bella Bloom Floral Designs, we love a groom who’s excited about organising his wedding. We’ve had some amazing grooms, most recently an architect who used his drawing skills to create a to-scale diagram of the entire reception space! However, not every groom is as interested in all the little details of wedding planning.
If you’re looking for ways to encourage your fiancé to get involved, we’ve come up with eight of our favourites!
- Ask your future husband what three things are most important to him about your wedding. These are probably the things he’ll be the most help with organising!
- Remind him that there’s a million ways to ‘do’ a wedding now – it’s not all white taffeta! For example, a buttonhole doesn’t have to be a single rose and a camellia leaf. At Bella Bloom Floral Designs we are coming up with a more masculine version for a buttonhole. A small succulent and a billy button can look great tied with jute string, not to mention a bit of fun! Berries, foliage and even a sprig of rosemary can be a perfect solution for the man’s man.
- Get him to help with things he’s already great at. If he’s a whizz with a drill, get him to help with some of the DIY elements of the wedding day. Can he rock a spreadsheet? He might feel right at home planning the wedding budget.
- Let him make some of the decisions. Things like what wine and beer to serve at a wedding are pretty important to a groom, so let him make the call on alcohol, or let him plan the honeymoon. You’ll have so much on your plate when it comes to planning the wedding, take advantage of an extra set of hands!
- Bring him along to meetings with your wedding vendors. He’ll get a better idea of everything that goes into planning a wedding, so will really appreciate just how much you’ve got on your plate, and will also feel like he’s part of the decision making process.
- Schedule a regular ‘wedding update’. Even the most involved groom won’t want to talk plans 24/7, so if he knows wedding discussions are going to be contained to a specific time and place, you’re much more likely to hold his attention, and keep him on task!
- Keep the big picture in mind. There’s not a lot of grooms who care about the colour of the flowers, or the shoes the bridesmaids will wear. You’ll get much more insight and feedback from your bridesmaids or your mother in law!
- Bring him along to groom-friendly events! The Bride’s Market has a great one coming up on the 30th of October, The Groom’s Lair. Not only will there be whiskey tasting, but you’ll be able to tick a number of wedding tasks off your list in one go – the benefit of a one-stop-shop like The Bride’s Market! Bella Bloom Floral Designs will be there, and you can talk to us about boutonnières and buttonholes for your groom!
Want to join us at The Bride’s Market Groom’s Lair on the 30th of October? Email Kelly to book your space!